Find leadership opportunities with the Southern Energy Network, Energy Action Coalition and more below. Lead youth climate and energy work regionally and nationally!
The SEN Steering Committee!
Southern Energy Network (SEN), is the only regional, youth-led organization in the Southeast working to build a clean, just energy future, seeks active, creative and enthusiastic leaders, who are willing to guide the work of SEN. The purpose of the SEN Steering Committee is to support the mission and needs of the Southern Energy Network (SEN) by providing advisement, guidance, promotion, policy oversight, and leadership for the organization. The Steering Committee has monthly conference calls, two weekend retreats per year, and spends time in between meetings and calls working on a number of things to further SEN's work. Some of the functions of the Steering Committee include:
- Guiding development and strategic planning
- Advising and provide organizational leadership
- Defining the organization and roles of the steering committee, members, and subcommittees
- Formulating and overseeing policies and procedures
- Providing financial management, including the oversight and adoption of the annual budget
- Promoting SEN
- Leading grassroots fundraising and supporting the Executive Director in her/his fundraising efforts
The SEN Steering Committee is not currently accepting applications.
Volunteer for the SSREC
The SSREC is the Southern Energy Network's annual regional conference. In 2010 students from eight Southern States came together in Athens, GA for an amazing weekend of sharing stories, developing skills, and learning about the energy, environmental, and climatic challenges the South faces. The Planning Committee for the 7th SSREC is currently working to select a location, date, speakers, develop the agenda, and help recruit hundreds more Southern youth to the 2011 SSREC.
Location and date announcement to come very soon!
Want to be a leader at the 2011 SSREC? Sign up to be a recruitment coordinator, conference photographer, media liaison, or one of the many more opportunities to support this amazing event.
What does it mean to be a recruitment coordinator?
As a Recruitment Coordinator for the SSREC, you will get…
- Support from experienced SEN staff
- Online and over-the-phone trainings
- Connected with youth leaders across the Southeast
- Toolkits to help you organize for the conference
Recruitment Coordinators will get to…
- Engage and inspire youth in their campus/community
- Recruit young leaders from your campus/community to attend the conference
- Fundraise to get lots of amazing leaders from your campus/community to Asheville, NC
- Coordinate travel, housing, and logistics for your crew
- Recruit campus/community leaders to also become Recruitment Coordinators
- Build a team! Together you will get dozens of young leaders to represent your community at the conference.
Energy Action Coalition Working Groups
The mission of the Energy Action Coalition is to unite a diversity of organizations in an alliance that supports and strengthens the student and youth clean energy movement in North America. The partners of Energy Action work together to leverage our collective power and create change for a clean, efficient, just and renewable energy future. The work of Energy Action is focused on four strategic areas: campuses, communities, corporate practices, and politics.
The Southern Energy Network is a founding member of Energy Action Coalition. As a part of Energy Action Coalition we have coordinated our work with partner organizations around the United States and Canada, have been a part of multiple international days of action for clean energy, and have served as the lead organization working on the Campus Climate Challenge in the Southeast.
There are many working groups in the Energy Action Coalition with opportunities for volunteer involvement. Email us at email@example.com for more information.